Presenting: L4D Tweaker
April 23, 2009 by Bill
Update: This is old. Click the tab above for the latest version.
I’ve decided it’s easier to have one bat file for everyone, so I went ahead and made Left 4 Dead Tweaker.
- Turn off the opening cinematics.
- Turn the opening cinematics back on.
- Switch the background movie to the original
- Switch the background movie to the lighthouse
The L4DT will first ask if Left 4 Dead is installed in c:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\, and if it is it wants to be on the same drive. If you do not have Steam installed in that location the application wants to be in your \steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\ directory.
- Does not work in Windows 7 unless installed in the \steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\media\ directory. (I hope to have this resolved shortly.)
- Will not work correctly if the Left 4 Dead demo was installed before Left 4 Dead and the \left 4 dead demo\ directory was not deleted. (Workaround: install L4DT to \left 4 dead\ . Update may be coming to resolve issue, if possible.)
- Custom background videos.
- Community suggestions.